We're thrilled to welcome Michael Weber as a Recruiting Specialist to the Paragon recruiting team!
1. Born and raised? Born in Faribault MN and raised in Ames, IA.
2. Favorite sports team? Green Bay Packers and Phoenix Suns. I’m taking my family to see the suns play, and it will be my son’s first suns game and my good friend plays in the league so it’ll be fun to see him!
3. Undergraduate and major? University of Missouri St. Louis - Liberal Studies.
4. Favorite book? Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins. Awesome motivation book that helped me run my first marathon. I highly recommend it.
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be an NBA player. I played college basketball at UMSL but didn’t make it professionally.
6. Any siblings? I have 3 older brothers. They say I was spoiled, I say I was just the favorite.
7. Activities or clubs you were in growing up? Mainly all the sports growing up until I joined a competitive traveling AAU team for basketball and after that my main focus was basketball and playing in college. I also started a ping pong club in high school!
8. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? In a large house with all of our family next to a beach!
9. Favorite food? My favorite food is Mexican hands down. I love it all! Tacos, Enchiladas, Sopita, Menudo, Margs of course, chips and guac, the list goes on. Birria tacos is also a favorite of mine.
10. What do you like to do in your free time? I like to spend time with my family and friends, golf, cycle, run, smoke meats in my smoker, pottery, eat at new restaurants, hike, see new places, watch shows/movies and sleeping which I don’t get much anymore.
11. Have you ever met anyone famous, story to tell? I met Rob Gronkowski at a bar in San Diego. We ended up partying with him and his friends the whole night it was awesome!
12. Idols/those you looked up (or look up) to? Steve Nash, my parents, and JC.
13. Any pets? No, but we do have a doggy door in our house so maybe someday!
14. Favorite place to travel? My favorite place to visit is San Diego. I lived there for 7 years and love going back to see friends/family, go to the beach, golf, and eat tacos.
15. What’s on your bucket list? Traveling and vacation. Top of the list is Spain and Norway, St. Lucia, Greece. Anything that includes beaches and margaritas I’m there for it!
16. Proudest accomplishments? Marrying the love of my life. The birth of our son and being a dad. Also, running a marathon and completing a century ride.
17. Favorite movie? I love movies. A few favorites of mine are Count of Monte Cristo, Rocky 4, and Harry Potter 1 - 7.
18. New hobbies? I enjoy pottery. I have wheel that I make pots or practice on, I’m absolutely garbage but slowly getting better.
19. Favorite tv show? Shrinking, Reality TV Shows, Entourage, and GoT.
20. Sweet or savory? Sweet! Cheesecake all day!
21. What is your secret talent? My ability to catch anything that drops.
22. Favorite band? My favorite artist is Nas.
23. What is something that would surprise people about you? I met my wife on an airplane during Covid.
24. If you could have dinner with two people who would it be? My wife and son!
25. What game show do you think you could win? Holey Moley! I’ve played a lot of putt putt so I feel confident that I would bring home the W.
Connect with Michael on LinkedIn and follow Paragon to stay up-to-date on our latest news.