Paragon Welcomes Jesse McKelvey
Paragon is excited to welcome Jesse McKelvey to our team! Jesse has been working with us for the last few years as a contractor, and he liked us so much that he wanted to join us Full-Time! We asked him 25 fun facts, so you could get to know him better.
1. Born and raised? Des Moines, Iowa
2. Favorite sports team? Green Bay Packers and Chicago Cubs
3. Undergraduate and major? Simpson College / Accounting
4. Favorite book? The Dark Tower Series
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? Inventor
6. Any siblings? Oldest of six, two brothers and three sisters
7. Activities or clubs you were in growing up? Soccer, Baseball, and Chess Club
8. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Hawaii
9. Favorite food? Risotto with roasted butternut squash and my homemade bacon.
10. Favorite quote/motto? “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take everywhere.” – Albert Einstein
11. Favorite musician or band? Antonio Vivaldi
12. Passions? Cooking and traveling with Vanessa.
13. What do you like to do in your free time? Bicycling, Fishing, Golfing, smoking meats, and Woodworking
14. Have you ever met anyone famous, story to tell? None that I can recall.
15. Idols/those you looked up (or look up) to? My dad. I still use everything he taught me.
16. Any pets? A cat named Shroomey. Vanessa found her while she was morel hunting.
17. Favorite place to travel? Spearfish, South Dakota and Decorah, Iowa
18. What’s on your bucket list? Travel to Europe and Australia. Attend a game at Lambeau Field and Wrigley Field.
19. What are you most afraid of? Developing dementia
20. Proudest accomplishments? Passing all four parts of the CPA exam on the first attempt.
21. What’s something that would surprise people about you? I’ve ridden RAGBRAI twice.
22. Favorite movie? 12 Angry Men (1957 version)
23. New hobbies or interest you’ve taken up over Covid? Woodworking
24. Favorite tv show? Sherlock
25. If you could have dinner with 2 people who would it be? A chef and a brew master