Paragon Welcomes Harold Otis!
Paragon is excited to welcome Harold Otis as a Recruiting Specialist to the team!
Harold will help support the growth in our Iowa market with hiring and engaging top tech talent.
Here are 25 fun facts about Harold:
1. Born and raised in Des Moines, IA.
2. Married to Sarah, and we just celebrated our 10-year anniversary July 23rd, and we have three kids - Creighton (12), Aspen (9) and Sienna (5 going on 23).
3. I’m a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan since the Randall Cunningham-Reggie White era in the early 90’s.
4. I love all Iowa sports teams as long as they are not playing the Hawkeyes - football and basketball mostly. I make fun of Cyclone fans when they play the best Iowa team. Go Hawks!
5. I was placed in a foster home at birth, and my foster mother later adopted me at age 2. My mother was born in 1920, was 57-years-old at the time of my adoption and lived to age 93.
6. I love watching my children participate in sports and activities. Creighton is involved in AAU basketball with Beyond Ball, competitive tennis and Ninja Warrior at Emerge Academy. Aspen loves softball and both girls participate in gymnastics at Emerge Academy. I also love playing pickleball with my son.
7. I used to model and do commercials. A few examples are an ad for Scheels, a Wall Street Journal ad and Audi. I did a lot of training videos, a Karl Chevrolet commercial and a seat belt commercial for the state of Iowa. Check out the Chevy commercial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygPfGoHIg3E&feature=youtube_gdata_player
8. I was voted “Best Bartender of the Year” by City View and also won “Best Martini” in a contest representing The Latin King, which included all of the best restaurants in the area hosted by City View.
9. I have a huge passion for Fantasy Football.
10. I caught one of Vanilla Ice's drumsticks he threw into a crowd at a concert in downtown Des Moines (Ice, Ice, baby - Stop, collaborate and listen).
11. I love funny movies like Naked Gun, Airplane and Space Balls.
12. Favorite group growing up is the Wu Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M. Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
13. I attend church at Summit Creek.
14. I’m a huge shoe-head but had to slow down on shoe purchases because of kids.
15. I have a new passion to customize shoes and print my own shirts.
16. I’m OCD about my lawn.
17. Favorite vacation spot is Anna Maria Island just outside of Sarasota/Bradenton, FL. area.
18. My childhood dream was to own a small neighborhood bar and grill with killer food.
19. The Golden Rule is huge to me, “Treat others as you want to be treated.”
20. I bumped into Joe Montana while in Minneapolis during Super Bowl 52 weekend when my Eagles beat the Patriots.
21. I won a national, company-wide contest selling the most Interstate Alkaline Batteries. The prize included a flight to Des Moines (drove) and throwing the first pitch with Bobby Labonte and the Duct Tape Duck.
22. I was booed off the mound because I fell short of the catcher on my pitch.
23. I don't have any pets; my kids are a handful.
24. I love all food - Italian BBQ, Sushi, Mexican, Chinese, Thai, Pho. I love my Traeger, and I smoke everything.
25. Words to live by: There are three things, to my account, that I need each day. One of them is something to look up to (God), another is something to look forward to (my family) and another is someone to chase (me in 10 years). - Matthew McConaughey, Speech at the 2014 Oscar’s