Paragon Welcomes Jordan Apostolik
As Paragon continues to grow, we are thrilled to welcome Jordan Apostolik as a Marketing & Sales Coordinator. Jordan will assist with marketing efforts and help grow new and existing relationships. Here are 25 fun facts about Jordan:
1. Born and raised? I was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona.
2. Favorite sports team? Growing up, I was a loyal NY Giants fan; however, I supported the Arizona Cardinals very much throughout High School, because whenever they won, Dunkin' Donuts gave away a free coffee the following Monday!
3. Undergraduate and major? I majored in Public Relations and had minors in both Marketing and Psychology at Drake University. I was undecided until my Junior year when I took two Marketing courses and a PR class that helped me finally realize what I was passionate about pursuing.
4. Favorite book? Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis. Rachel Hollis is so real and funny in her writing, and she definitely motivates you to get going on the things that are important to you in life!
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus.
6. Any siblings? I have an older sister named Kaitlin, and we are 3.5 years apart. We look A LOT alike, and people often ask if I am the older sibling (which she, of course, loves being asked) or if we’re twins!
7. Activities or clubs you were in growing up? I was in gymnastics, dance, and ice skating when I was little. I also played soccer for just a minute, but we quickly learned that was not my sport. I also played volleyball throughout Elementary School and High School.
When I was in High School, I was in NHS (National Honors Society), Earth Club (Recycling club), choir, and I was a sprinter in Track and Field. I ran the 100m dash, 200m dash, and the 4x1 (which was by far my favorite), and did long jump. In college, I was in Best Buddies Iowa, Kappa Kappa Gamma, and a Rho Gamma (or Recruitment Counselor, where I was disaffiliated from my chapter for a period of time to be an unbiased leader where I helped other women who were going through the Recruitment process as they made their decision).
8. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Madrid, Spain (absolutely love the culture and food) or Manhattan (love the fast-paced and fashion-forward lifestyle).
9. Favorite food? Toss up between Thai (Zuzap is my go to here in Des Moines) and Mexican (Carolina’s is my absolute favorite in Phoenix) food.
10. Favorite quote/motto? ”People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou
11. Favorite musician or band? Galantis (favorite songs - Runaway (U & I) and Never Felt A Love Like This).
12. Passions? Fashion, working out/ eating healthy, cooking, and decorating.
13. What do you like to do in your free time? Online shop to compare deals and share them with people who they are relevant to/to plan when to buy something. I watched Extreme Couponers growing up, and as insane as that show us, it was crazy to see how much people would save at the store/watch the store even owe some people money. I decided I wanted to learn to be good at deal watching. I also love clothes and shoes, so it helps me justify the addiction. 😉
14. Have you ever met anyone famous, story to tell? I almost met Josh Hutcherson when he came to Caucus at Drake my Freshman year. He was signing autographs and taking pictures with students, so my roommates and I got in line to meet him, but when we were minutes away from meeting him, he left to go to his Caucus room. However, I am related to Benicio del Toro, the actor, who is in Wolfman and Guardians of the Galaxy. He is my sixth or seventh cousin, but that is my claim to fame.
15. Idols/those you looked up (or look up) to? Selena Gomez was a big idol of mine growing up. I also really like Audrey Hepburn - she was so poised, cared for others, and was purely a really good person.
16. Any pets? Yes, my little mini Aussie pal, Luna. She is the sassiest, hungriest, most hyper dog, but she is also the cutest. I also have a dog that my parents and I rescued when I was a Senior in High School named Gusgus, and he is a little Morkie (Maltese/Yorkie). He lives with them, though, so I don’t see him as much as Luna. Both are cuties and both love attention.
17. Favorite place to travel? My favorite place I’ve been to is Spain. It is a dream of mine to live there for a period of time.
18. What’s on your bucket list? Traveling to Italy, Ireland, Greece, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand.
19. What are you most afraid of? Clowns and ghosts (I cannot handle watching scary movies at all, and I have only seen a couple).
20. Proudest accomplishments:
- Graduating from Drake University
- Moving halfway across the country by myself, without knowing anyone
- Teaching Luna to jump through a hula hoop, and we are currently working on the “Oh Na Na Na” dance, but she’s a little more selective when she wants to do that one
- My Target Circle (previously known as Cartwheel) lifetime savings
- I have always been shy when it comes to singing in front of people, but when I was in High School, I auditioned for America’s Got Talent and to sing the National Anthem for the Phoenix Suns and the Phoenix Rattlers
21. What’s something that would surprise people about you? I am very artistic and crafty.
22. Favorite movie? There are so many to choose from, but one of my favorites is Bohemian Rhapsody (I am a BIG Queen fan).
23. New hobbies or interest you’ve taken up over Covid? I’ve always been into cooking, but since Covid started, I’ve definitely gotten way more into it. I’ve made Indian food, Thai food, baked from scratch (which I’d never done before), and I just started thinking outside the box to make meals with things we had in the fridge/freezer/pantry that seemed like they would go well together. It has been so much fun!! It also led into a healthy obsession with Trader Joe’s and all the fun items they have there to try and/or use when cooking.
24. Favorite tv show? Friends!
25. If you could have dinner with 2 people who would it be? Audrey Hepburn and Ryan Gosling (but not at the same time, because it would be a date with Ryan Gosling).